There’s two Michaels on the podcast this episode, and Sarah’s back, as we go up against the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode The Spit Flower! Here’s some of what goes down:
- We talk about Sherman and Mr Peabody, and segue that into a memory of Michael crying about Power Rangers. That’s the sort of magic you can expect from us.
- The Thomas the Tank Engine Megazord arrives at the Ranger Danger headquarters, and there was much rejoicing.
- Kimberley tries to sway people who aren’t 100% sold on World Peace with a giant maybe tiger thing on a bed of flowers. Power Rangers, everybody!
- We learn the thrilling origin of potpourri!
- “You just have to take the [weaponised laser beams that shoot from the head] for granted on this show. Everyone’s got one.”
- Bulk and Skull get eaten alive by monster flowers! Their flesh is ripped and torn by demonic, gnashing teeth! Haha! Get it? Because comedy!
AND SO MUCH MORE!
- Fox Studios, in Sydney’s Entertainment Quarter. Significant films filmed there include Star Wars Episode II and III, the two Matrix sequels, Superman Returns, and, yes, Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie.
- This was very definitely the Fisher-Price camera that Michael had. It served him well.
- Matt Preston is the guy from Masterchef with the cravat.
- The Thomas Robots Train Transformer Assembly Toy – Red + Green + Blue. It’s not bad for 15 bucks.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.