Michael and Mat go guestless for the first time since our first episode, to watch the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode ‘The Rockstar’. It’s a rockin’ episode! …sorry.
- We discuss our 30 favourite monsters on the show so far… at least 30 – 15, you’ll have to wait till next week for the others. Find out why we thought Mr Ticklesneezer was the absolute worst monster (besides the name).
- Mat decides that Mary Shelley’s seminal work, Frankenstein, oft described as the birth of science fiction, was not done justice when the character of Frankenstein’s Monster was adapted for Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers. He’s here to make the tough calls so you don’t have to.
- There’s something missing from this episode. I can’t quite put my finger on it. It just seemed to have less glorious, long 90s hair and Godzilla robots.
- It’s the final appearance of the Rad Bug. Solemn times.
- “He’s a man of some girth, and he really gets up into the air.”
- ‘The black one’ is a phrase said by a small child referring to Zack, and suddenly the racism of this situation comes screeching into the foreground.
AND SO MUCH MORE!!
- We couldn’t find anything as to whether or not the “rockstar” / “rock star” pun works in Japanese. If you know, shoot us an email.
- Here is the Ranger Danger 6 month anniversary survey. Like we said, it’d be really appreciated if you’d fill it out.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.