Tom returns to the podcast, as we tackle the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode ‘Island of Illusion, Part II’! It’s a thrilling conclusion, if by ‘thrilling conclusion’ you mean ‘crappy clip show’. Here’s some of what goes down in this episode:
- As a ‘bonus’, we have Paisley and Tim read the remarkably dull Power Rangers Dino Charge casting sides.
- “It’s tough to find a girl who’s into Electrobutts, but when you do…”
- Bulk and Skull are very nice, and are speaking in faux Shakespearian dialogue. Whaaat…? This must be some kind of… illusion! On this island.
- “Is that like dirty Dr Seuss? ‘One thing, two thing, bumthing, cumthing…?'”
- “Some weeks the giant disembodied head of Satan gets blown up a giant robot dinosaur, and some weeks it doesn’t.”
- Spoiler warning: Magical little person Quagmire becomes a DJ! Not even a little bit joking!
AND SO MUCH MORE!!
- The Dino Charge casting sides. As promised, we get some special guests in to read them out. They’re not great.
- I’ll be honest, guys. I’ve got no memory why I’m linking to the video for All Star by Smash Mouth.
- Here is the Ranger Danger 6 month anniversary survey. Like we said, it’d be really appreciated if you’d fill it out.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.