New guest Tom joins us on the podcast as we venture into the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode ‘Island of Illusion’! But we promise not to deceive you! Here’s some of what goes down on the podcast this week:
- Michael reports on what he’s seen of Power Rangers Megaforce – apparently they have a dumb robot sidekick! The more things change, the more things stay the same.
- Apparently goop of Bulk’s face is non-negotiable. This episode is packed with content, but they manage to rush in a milkshake accident in quickly at the start.
- Bulk’s attempt to win a dance-off is foiled by polystyrene Ancient Greek style pillars in the middle of the Juice Bar. I hope you’re not hoping to find out why those are there, because if you’re there, you’re shit out of luck.
- “I don’t claim to be a mental health professional, but..”
- The Power Rangers fight “The Great Satan”. Who has evil breath power. Which makes horrifyingly disfigured monsters more horrifyingly disfigured. You’re doing children’s programming wrong, Saban.
- “What’s the word for racist, but for little people?”
And much more!
- The Dino Charge casting sides. We’ll perform them next week on the show, but if you want to get in early, this is the place.
- Here is the Ranger Danger 6 month anniversary survey. Like we said, it’d be really appreciated if you’d fill it out.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.