The podcast is recorded in Canberra this week, as new guest host Jamie helps us review the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode GRUMBLE BEE!! It gets us buzzin’.
- For the first time, we have a guest who has NEVER SEEN POWER RANGERS EVER! Bewilderment and hilarity ensues.
- We talk about Doctor Who’s Karen Gillan, dressed in a Pink Ranger costume, getting ice-bucketed – “I approve, but I don’t understand.”
- Power Rangers is returning to New Zealand for shooting? What are the chances we can make the short hop across the water to NZ for a set visit?
- Apparently “Bees are the highest form of insect”! That’s Power Rangers, your #1 source for science education.
- You know how we only just got Tommy back as the Green Ranger? Well if you were hoping to see him fight again this episode, you’re shit out of luck.
- BASKETBALL FIGHT!!!
- Are Rita’s magic wands disposable? And is there a weird collector on Earth that is hoarding them? Enquiring minds want to know.
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
- Karen Gillan’s Ice Bucket Challenge. We still don’t get it.
- Power Rangers will continue to shoot in New Zealand, as it has for over a decade now. It’s actually been shot in New Zealand for longer than it was shot in California.
- The Pterodactyl, Mastodon, and Sabre-toothed Tiger are all Definitely Not Dinosaurs; some 2010 research suggested that the Triceratops may have been the young form of the Torosaurus, although that’s still being disputed.