On the podcast this week we hit the penultimate episode of the Green with Evil mini-series, which means our time discussing how Tommy is such an evil badass is running out! Our seven person roundtable team discusses some stuff like:
- We discuss what the Green Ranger was like on the Japanese version of the show. It’s so much more awesome and dramatic than what we get to watch, intense sadface.
- We discuss future episodes briefly, in which the show gets a bit richer and deeper. We need to get there real soon, you guys, or we’re going to die.
- THINGS GET SO REAL IN THIS EPISODE. From the first second, to the traumatising final moments.
- Despite this being an incredibly action packed episode, they somehow manage to still squeeze in a sexually suggestive moment.
- We spend an uncomfortable time discussing Mat’s love life. And then a new podcast is pitched: “How Not To Talk To Girls: The Michael Busuttil Podcast.”
- This show still manages to shock us, as we get a legitimately brutal fight and an ending akin to the climax of Toy Story 3.
And so much more!!
- The Power Rangers are baked into a pizza. 1997 was a weird time.
- Twelve years later, we get a series where a domed city is all that remains of humanity after an artificial intelligence takes over the world. Power Rangers is large, guys. It contains multitudes. Some of which are pizza.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.