A MEGA EVENT begins on our podcast this week, as we begin Green with Evil, the mini-series that introduces the most popular Power Ranger ever: Tommy, the Green Ranger. And to celebrate, it’s a roundtable podcast with your two regular hosts, Mat and Michael, and FOUR returning guests – Amanda, Ashley, Tim and Lauren. Here’s some of what goes down:
- We first meet Tommy as he’s doing three flying roundhouse kicks in the air. Tone set.
- The ladies discuss Tommy’s attractiveness. He gets mixed reviews despite having glorious, long 90s hair.
- There’s some actual legitimate, creepy ass witch shit going on at Rita’s palace this week, which is extremely surprising considering Rita is normally about as intimidating as a toothless Ewok.
- We discuss the corporate culture at Rita’s evil empire.
- “Does anyone know where the Power Sword lives…?”
- Tommy caps the episode by doing the most awesome thing ever, marking him as the ultimate bad arse, and then he does a Street Fighter style hadoken. Not even kidding.
AND SO MUCH MORE!!
- There’s a surprising lack of Tommy/Rita fanfic, proving once again that either we’re reading much more into the show than is actually there, or that people are ashamed of writing it. Or both.
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.