This week on the podcast, it’s DOOMSDAY! AGAIN! BECAUSE IT’S EPISODE DOOMSDAY PART 2! OF MIGHTY MORPHIN’ POWER RANGERS! DOOOOOOOOOOM! Here’s some of what goes down:
- Kelsey sends us our most comprehensive fan mail yet! Your move, Branden and John!
- We misunderstand American culture! High five for cultural ignorance!
- Kelsey breaks down for us the many of Wizard of Oz references in Power Rangers that we somehow totally missed. Time to hand in our Power Rangers Expert badges 🙁
- We lament the eternal lack of MegaZordOn.
- You might notice that this description isn’t mentioning what happens in the actual TV episode so much. That’s because it’s a big poop. Sorry guys. Hopefully listening to our podcast episode is more enjoyable than watching the damn thing.
- Case in point: Titanus’ death from the last episode is reversed by the show’s editors literally just playing the footage of his death in reverse. I wish this was a joke.
- Spoiler warning: To give us a small something to stop us rage quitting the show, Tommy the Green Ranger makes a cameo! Woo woo!
AND SO MUCH MORE!!
- I’ve got no idea why I’m linking to Africa, by Toto. I probably made a joke about it. I love this song so much.
- Zoids is a range of Japanese toys/model kits, not dissimilar to Zords. There have been several anime and a Marvel UK comic, most notable for featuring some very early work by the great Grant Morrison.