We reduce, reuse and record a podcast this week we watch the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers episode CLEAN-UP CLUB! Here’s some of what goes down:
- Mat talks about how he used to play Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons in his high school lunch breaks, and then Michael immediately trumps that (if you can ‘trump’ sad and pathetic-ness).
- We (basically) discuss whether or not Baboo and Squatt have a soul. Spoiler warning: probs not.
- “What makes a furnace diabolical?” “Oh you know, it has a lot of evil looking tubes and shit.”
- “What were we talking about? I got distracted by ninja vampires.”
- Meet Polluticorn, which Michael calls “the best thing I’ve seen on this show.” He’s exactly what you think he is, and it’s pretty great.
- Michael promises that he will do a flip on camera for episode 200. And now he has to, because it’s now an eternal internet promise!
- “Polluticorn is going to steal your pic-a-nic basket.” – “And then poop in it.” Yeah. There’s a lot for us to be actively ashamed of in this episode…
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
- With 70 people in a room, there’s a 99.9% chance that two of them share a birthday. It’s a classic maths problem. Some of you have heard of it, right?
- Acid rain! It’s rain, but with acid!
- As discussed, the garbage truck throwing garbage everywhere, and the bear stealing the bin.
- The Greendale commercial is a perfect example of 90s television advertising, which is particularly impressive for something shot in 2011.
- Diamond Dallas Page is a wrestler who does yoga now. I mean, why not?
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.