Amanda’s back! Hoo boy, hold onto your hats, kids, somebody cranked the crazy up to eleven.
- We break down the timeline of Power Rangers, and then break down.
- Who are THE MORPHING MASTERS?! …it’s probably best not to know.
- AAAAAARGHH A GIANT CHICKEN WITH SCISSORS!!!
- We discover why Ernie’s juice-bar has to have a gym (Spoiler warning: It’s because he serves buckets of ice cream to kids!)
- We meet the bastard child of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Love Bug – THE RAD BUG!
And yet more!
- Buy Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Season 1 Volume 1 or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Complete Series on DVD from Amazon.
- The Rad Bug looks like this. Apparently its name stands for “Remote Activated Drivingzord for Basic Ultra Geomorphology”, which is some straight-up nonsense. It can accelerate from 0 to 3000mph – about Mach 4, or the speed of an experimental hypersonic aircraft – in 3 seconds.
- If we’ve done the maths right, this would create a force of about 45.5 g. This is, coincidentally, around about the highest g force ever sustained by a human being – John Stapp, in a series of rocket sled tests in the 1950s – but that was a peak, not sustained for 3 seconds. If it didn’t kill the Rangers, their eyes are probably ruined forever.
- That’s some science for you. Don’t let anyone ever say that we’re not educational.